One Ocean Expedition Sustainable Leadership
Are you a current or future leader who works within business, academia or the public sector? Then you should join the One Ocean Expedition Sustainable Leadership – a truly unique leadership course in sustainable leadership directed by Western Norway University of Applied Sciences.
The One Ocean Expedition´s goal is to create attention and share knowledge about the crucial role of the ocean for a sustainable development in a global perspective. In this course you will gain knowledge and understanding of how to become a change maker for a sustainable development. To understand your role as a leader in a world that is rapidly changing is crucial in the transition to a sustainable society.
This is a once in a lifetime experience and opportunity, where you work together with leaders from different backgrounds. You will together experience challenges as they come, operate one of the largest and most sustainable sailing ships in the world and have a unique nature experience in Japan.
The course highlights how organizations can strengthen all elements of «the triple bottom line»: People, profit, planet. In addition each participant is challenged to develop their leadership skills, and their identity as leaders. Further more, the course draws on current theories, and provides theoretical knowledge about sustainable leadership. Students will participate in peer discussions and practical exercises in order to explore the sustainable leadership concept.
There are only 100 open spots. Imagine sailing with 100 leaders from different organizations from all around the world – networking, educating, sailing together and maybe working on new ideas together?
The One Ocean Expediton is a recognized part of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development.
One Ocean Expedition Sustainable Leadership is a partnership between:
- 10 ECTS points can be achieved through participating in an additional module after the sailing.
- Enjoy rewarding interaction with competent instructors, as well as a diverse group of leaders from business, academia and public sector. The combination between sailing and training provides a once in a lifetime experience.
- Duration 10 days (14.09-24.09) between Yokohama, Japan and Shanghai, China.
- Participants work as sailors in a combination with course activity – a unique experience!
- Digital course before departure on the 5th of September 2022
- The course draws on current theories, and provides theoretical knowledge about sustainable leadership. Further, students participate in peer discussions and practical exercises in order to explore the sustainable leadership concept.
- The course encourages participants to become active change makers for sustainable development in their own organizations.
- The course supports the participants in the development of their role as sustainable leaders in a world that is rapidly changing
- The course provides the participants with useful communication tools, and encourage them to use different strategies to increase their own communication skills
05.09.22 - Start of the course with a digital workshop
14.09.22 - First meeting in Yokohama/Tokyo. Participants embark Statsraad Lehkmhuhl and has it´s first night on board
15.09.22 - The sails towards Okinawa starts
24.09.22 - Arrival in Okinawa
25.09.22 - Lecture in Okinawa